It’s old news by now, but video is becoming an essential weapon in the marketer’s arsenal. Here are just a handful of stats relating to the importance of video:
- 86% of viewers say they regularly turn to YouTube to learn something new (Google)
- People spend on average 2.6x more time on pages with video than without (Wistia)
- More than 50% of videos are watched on mobile (Ooyala, 2016)
- Half of 18- to 34-year old YouTube subscribers would drop what they’re doing to watch a new video by their favorite creator (Google, 2016)
- 43% of people want to see more video content from marketers in the future (HubSpot, 2016)
- 6 in 10 YouTube subscribers would follow advice on what to buy from their favorite creator over their favorite TV or movie personality (Google, 2017)
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in a text (Forbes, 2018)
Looking at these numbers it’s clear that brands need to strongly lean into video production within their campaigns. One brand leading the video production charge, and one we’ve worked with for many years, recently got us involved in two of their video productions, with our founder, Lisa Aspeling, taking on the role of producer in each one.
The first video was created to launch the new brief for the Caesarstone Student Designer competition, featuring competition judge, Michele Rhoda, also a director of interior design giant, ARRCC.
The second video we produced was the opening of the brand new Caesarstone design studio in Kramerville, Johannesburg. (Coming soon!)